Running out of room on your fireplace mantel, or just looking for a new way to display the holiday well-wishes from your nearest and dearest? Try this frame made of only twine and push pins to create a focal point for all of your lovely greeting cards. Shaped like a tree itself, this spirited display lends even more festivity to your holiday decor.
All you need:
- jute twine
- push pins
- hole punch
- twine or yarn or twisty ties to fasten your cards
Here’s what you do:
- Start with the trunk of the tree and create a loop at the free end of your twine. Use push pin to secure in place.
- Place another push pin to mark the apex of your tree, loop and knot twine twine, cut and secure.
- Place third and fourth pushpins to mark the base of your tree. Starting with a new loop at the apex, wrap around one corner, pull taut and wrap second corner, finishing at the apex.
- Loop and knot free end of twine and secure.
- Use a hole punch at the top of your cards and use twine, yarn or twisty ties to secure to twine tree.