Shopped at Trader Joe’s lately and noticed their holiday paper bags? Gorgeous white winter illustrations on brown paper bags inspired me to reuse them as a decorative band on my smaller Christmas gifts this year. Add some simple red embroidery thread and you’ve got yourself a pretty, environmentally friendly wrapped present without lots of fuss!
Here’s what you need:
- Trader Joe’s holiday brown paper bag
- iron and ironing board
- red embroidery thread (or some other decorative ribbon)
- gift box
Here’s what you do:
- Cut out graphics from bag in wide columns. Fold edge over and iron flat.
- Wrap band around gift box, securing with tape. If you box is too large, use pieces from the bag to piece together the back (no one will see it).
- Use embroidery thread to add a bow. Embellish with a written gift tag.
Thrifty Tip: I was able to decorate three lingerie-sized gift boxes using only one bag!