I was incredibly lucky to marry into a family who really celebrates tradition at Christmas. Of our traditions, these delectable little bites of heaven are lovingly placed in our stockings by a Mrs. Claus who is so busy baking and wrapping gifts throughout the day, she often does not sleep on Christmas Eve. While the flavor and the crunch of these pretzels is divine, its the love that goes into making them that you can taste the most. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 1 c butter
- 2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp maple flavoring
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 24 oz mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Divide pretzels between two foil-lined rectangular pans.
- Heat butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and maple flavoring in saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until bubbly around the edges. Cook for ~5 minutes, then remove from heat. Stir in baking soda.
- Pour maple mixture over pretzels. Mix until well coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then package as you wish and spread the love!