My final Christmas post…whew! I don’t know how the craft bloggers of the world do one post a day, unless that is their primary job. As a practicing dentist, wife, and mom of a not-so-independent dog, 12 days in a row is certainly a commitment for me! But, I digress. For our last Christmas-inspired project, I’ve created some napkin rings for your festive holiday spread using oversized buttons and silver jewelry cord. Paired with bright red linen napkins and set against crisp white porcelain, these little sparklers certainly pop!
Here’s what you need:
- stretchy metallic beading cord, like Dritz
- oversized buttons (mine were found at Joann’s)
- hot glue gun and scissors
Here’s what you do:
- Cut your jewelry cord into 12-inch pieces.
- Feed one end of cord through button opening and tie ends together in a double knot. Snip excess. From end of loop to base of the knot, length should be around 5.25 inches.
- Use hot glue gun to secure knot to backside of button, making sure to seal off the ends of the cord.
- Use loop end to wrap around napkin and over button.