What to do with the leftover yarn from your Party Animals wire animal project? Pick up some cheap tin cans of varying sizes from your favorite discount store and turn them into coordinating centerpieces, that’s what! Flowers are a must for me at any type of event and when you can get them gorgeous and on the cheap from your local Trader Joe’s, this craft really is a no-brainer! We ended up using the smallest can as a utensil holder…another great way to add some texture and color to your table!
Here’s what you need:
- leftover yarn
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- washed and dried tin cans (I went to Big Lots and bought the cheapest cans I could with the best size variation)
Here’s what you do:
- Remove outer paper label from tin can and thoroughly wash both inside and outside of can.
- Once dry, use hot glue gun to tack end of yarn to edge of can.
- Wrap tin can 10-20 times or so, keeping some tension.
- Scrunch yarn down to cover up any openings and to create the textured look.
- Continue wrapping in sets of 10-20 until you reach the upper edge of can.
- Cut yarn and glue down on edge. Voila! Gorgeous vase in less than 10 minutes!
Cost: Under $4 for five vases.